Welcome to the Waubonsie Mental Health Center - Integrated Health Home!
What are the Benefits of the Integrated Health Home Program?
Teamwork: We work with you and your providers to:
- Help you create a holistic plan for your medical wellness goals.
- Help you manage your physical and behavioral health services.
- Focus on your choices, your strengths, good health, and total wellness
- Help arrange transportation to health care appointments, if needed.
- Provide support services for you and your family members.
- Make sure you have access to care 24 hours a day.
- Use technology to link all services
- Promote recovery and resiliency
Who Can Be a Member?
- Live in Fremont, Montgomery, or Page Counties in Iowa.
- Have Iowa Medicaid (or are Medicaid Eligible)
- Have a mental health issue that impacts your health and life.
What can I expect?
You will talk with a Care Coordinator, a Registered Nurse, or a Peer Support Specialist about your current health, wellness, and emotional support needs. Your team will assist in coordinating your health care services. Instead of treating a single aspect of your health, such as depression or diabetes, we focus on the connection between the mind and body.
Holistic health refers to the whole person - your physical health, mental health, your living situation, and social supports that impact your overall health and wellness.
Who will I work with?
Your Peer Support Specialist has personal experience with successful recovery from behavioral heath challenges and has special training to provide support to you. Your Peer Support Specialist can help you identify recovery strategies from the perspective of someone who has "been there, done that."
Your Care Coordinator can help make certain you receive the community support and services you need to be successful. They also make certain all your health care providers have the information they need to provide the best quality care for you. They help make sure your funding for services remains available.
Your Nurse Care Manager will work with you to develop a plan to support your overall wellness. They will work with your primary care physician, behavioral health provider, and others to help coordinate your whole health and to assist you in your health goals.
Waubonsie Mental Health Center IHH Staff have office hours of Monday through Friday. During office hours, you may schedule IHH Services to be provided in the home, by phone, at the office, or at another community setting.
If you call or arrive at the IHH Office without a scheduled appointment, an IHH staff will be made available to talk or meet with you. Staff can help identify immediate needs and access timely services including same day appointments, as necessary. IHH Staff will also work with community partners to arrange for needed services.
You can reach Waubonsie Mental Health Center IHH at: 712-542-2388.